skip to main contents
ROTC badge: leadership, excellence

High School Students

If you’re a high school junior or senior and are interested in joining a challenging and rewarding leadership curriculum, Army ROTC may be a great option for you.  During your senior year of HS you will have the opportunity to apply for National Board scholarships which are awarded to top applicants throughout the country each year.  For more information and application deadlines, please click here. If you would like to view the Enrollment Flow Chart PDF, Please Click Here!

photo: high school students
For accepted students to UM, UM Dearborn or WSU, joining the Wolverine Battalion is as easy as registering for Military Science (MS) 101 when you sign up for your classes. By taking MS 101, you have the opportunity to build your leadership resume by learning from our professional staff with years of experience.  For those interested in participating in training outside of the classroom, you may elect to become an enrolled cadet and participate in our physical training (PT) and weekly leadership labs.  Enrollment as a cadet simply offers additional training and opportunities to compete for scholarships without incurring any obligation to ROTC or the Army.

Current College Students

If you’re currently a full-time student at UM, UM Dearborn or WSU, there are still a number of options available to join the Wolverine Battalion and work towards becoming an Army officer.  In order to complete the ROTC curriculum, you need a minimum of 2 years remaining as a full-time student (undergrad or graduate) and successfully complete the basic course requirements before continuing into final two years of Military Science classes.  Please contact us for more information on basic course pre-requisites. If you would like to view the Enrollment Flow Chart PDF, Please Click Here!

photo: college students

Current or Prior Service Soldiers


The Army Green to Gold program provides options for Soldiers interested in pursuing a baccalaureate or graduate degree and earning a commission as an Army Officer.  There are a number of different options for enlisted Soldiers to compete for G2G opportunities through ROTC – for more information and FAQ’s please click here. National Guard and Army Reserve Soldiers who are attending school on one of our campuses are highly encouraged research the Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP).

photo: sodiers

What Documents Do I Need

Participating Student

(Military Science Class only)

-Register for MS 101 through the registrar’s office as you would any other class on your schedule.  Your participation in scheduled classroom lecture is you only commitment.  If you wish to participate in physical training (PT) and the weekly leadership lab, please consider becoming and enrolled cadet.

Enrolled Cadet

(freshmen or sophomore students who choose to participate in PT and the leadership lab)

*Enrolled Cadets who wish to compete for a scholarship are encouraged to submit copies of their birth certificate and SSN card in order to be scheduled for their medical exam.  

Incoming Scholarship freshmen

(3 and 4 yr HS scholarship winners)